This esoteric lower powered circuit drives 40 watts of output via a split load phase inverter circuit into two Jensen 25watt P12R 12” speakers. Known for its’ full range clean tones and harmonically textured Californian overdrive, The Apollo T40 offers up that elusive mix of sag and compression, combined with raw and barky driven characteristics.
At 40 watts, the Apollo T40 breaks up earlier than its higher powered sibling in the Apollo T80; making it a favourite for players who require manageable headroom for the studio, or mic’ed up on smaller to medium sized stages.
This amp is a perfect match for single coil or P90 players – plug in and listen to that magical interplay between preamp, poweramp, a pair of 25w AlNiCo’s and the resonant pine cab!
- Custom Wound U.S.A Transformers
- Output Power 40 watts
- Output Tubes: 2x 6L6
- Preamp Tubes: 3x 12AY7, 1x 12AX7
- Rectifier: 2x 5U4
- Available as
- Combo 2x Jensen P12R Speakers
- Switchcraft Jacks and Plugs
- Carling Switches
- Achillies Power Caps (Made in Germany)
- Sprague Orange Drop caps
- Carbon Comp Resistors (Allen Bradley)
- Chrome Dipped Chassis
- Authentic Hand Wired Layout
- Cloth Covered Solid Core Wiring Throughout
- Authentic Tweed Cloth Covering
- Lacquered Nitrocellulose coating
- Oxblood W/Gold Stripe grill cloth
- Premium Select Pine Cabinet with Birch Ply Backs and Baffle
- Traditional Dovetail Joinery
- Proudly Hand Built in Australia
Now offering half power output option. The switch is located between the tubes below the chassis away from sight to not disturb that original look.
A wide selection of grill cloth and Tolex colors to choose from as well as handles to suit. Please refer to our custom color chart for actual color samples. Please click here to view our Tolex and Grill cloth options.
We are now offering our international fans a selection of line voltages for your location. If its not listed, we most likely can offer it. Please send us an email for more information at email@example.com
This thing is beautiful in every way..I have owned plenty of tube amps. This one I will keep.