Modified from an earlier low powered design, the Apollo T80 achieves higher power by utilizing a long-tailed pair phase inverter circuit, with four 5881 power valves. 80 watts of output is driven into two Jensen P12N 12” AlNiCo speakers.
This translates to an amp born of that distinct raw-yet-creamy overdrive which defines the classic textured California sound, yet has more openness and slightly less output stage compression than the Low powered version - meaning a more immediate and fast attack off the player’s picking hand.
Combine this with the signature forward punch of a pair of 12” AlNiCo’s, low end is tight and full, with crunchy midrange and sparkling brilliance in the high end. Housed inside an open-back select pine lacquered tweed cabinet, this amp just fills the room with stunningly rich and full tone that responds intimately with every inflection and nuance of the player's style.
This is THE amp to go for if you’re searching for a multidimensional clean platform for pedals, which can also dish out buckets of fantastically dirty rhythm and grind – just ask Keith Richards!
- Custom Wound U.S.A Transformers
- Output Power 80 watts
- Output Tubes: 4x 5881
- Preamp Tubes: 3x 12AX7
- Rectifier: 1x GZ34
- Available as
- Combo 2x Jensen P12N Speakers
- Switchcraft Jacks and Plugs
- Carling Switches
- Achillies Power Caps (Made in Germany)
- Sprague Orange Drop caps
- Carbon Comp Resistors (Allen Bradley)
- Chrome Dipped Chassis
- Authentic Hand Wired Layout
- Cloth Covered Solid Core Wiring Throughout
- Authentic Tweed Cloth Covering
- Lacquered Nitrocellulose coating
- Oxblood W/Gold Stripe grill cloth
- Premium Select Pine Cabinet with Birch Ply Backs and Baffle
- Traditional Dovetail Joinery
- Proudly Hand Built in Australia
Now offering half power output option. The switch is located between the tubes below the chassis away from sight to not disturb that original look.
A wide selection of grill cloth and Tolex colors to choose from as well as handles to suit. Please refer to our custom color chart for actual color samples. Please click here to view our Tolex and Grill cloth options.
We are now offering our international fans a selection of line voltages for your location. If its not listed, we most likely can offer it. Please send us an email for more information at email@example.com