If X marks the spot, then the spot absolutely has to be in this amp - 14 cranking watts of pure rock ‘n roll glory driven from two 6V6 output tubes, a 5Y3 rectifier tube and either one 12-inch or two 10-inch Jensen AlNiCo speakers.
A hallmark of American rock heritage, the Apollo X drips attitude and is the ultimate choice for a low watt recording amp, just begging to be pushed into that sweet spot where compression, saturation and edgy overdrive combine into sonic heaven.
- Custom Wound U.S.A Transformers
- Output Power 14 watts
- Output Tubes: 2x 6V6
- Preamp Tubes: 1x 12AX7, 1x 12AY7
- Rectifier: 1x 5Y3
- Available as
- Combo 1x Jensen P12R Speaker
- Combo 2x Jensen P10R Speaker
- Unloaded (Please note baffle type at checkout)
- Switchcraft Jacks and Plugs
- Carling Switches
- Achillies Power Caps (Made in Germany)
- Sprague Orange Drop caps
- Carbon Comp Resistors (Allen Bradley)
- Chrome Dipped Stainless Steel Chassis
- Authentic Hand Wired Layout
- Cloth Covered Solid Core Wiring Throughout
- Authentic Tweed Cloth Covering
- Lacquered Nitrocellulose coating
- Oxblood W/Gold Stripe grill cloth
- Premium Select Pine Cabinet with Birch Ply Backs and Baffle
- Traditional Dovetail Joinery
- 51 x 24.5 x 41cm (20" x 9-5/8" x 16-1/8")
- 12kg (26lb)
- Proudly Hand Built in Australia
Now offering half power output option. The switch is located between the tubes below the chassis away from sight to not disturb that original look.
A wide selection of grill cloth and Tolex colors to choose from as well as handles to suit. Please refer to our custom color chart for actual color samples. Please click here to view our Tolex and Grill cloth options.
We are now offering our international fans a selection of line voltages for your location. If its not listed, we most likely can offer it. Please send us an email for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok, bought this, as a custom order from Labros, and being a Marshall man for ever, I wanted something different (but similar, if that makes sense) wanted more of that Billy Gibbons, Don Henley kinda sweet overdrive. The build quality is 10/10, the tone is 10/10 in accuracy to what I expected it to be. I ordered the Greenback vesion, and With my Strat, my Tele or Les Paul style guitars, this thing has the mojo. Blues Legend Chris Finnen gigged with my amp, and absolutely LOVED it. Great job Labros! Best amps ever.
If you've seen an Achillies you know the build quality is phenomenal, but it's the tone you care about and these are that good. My 2020 built 5e3 has a Celestian Blue in it which brings up the headroom and makes it a serious amp. I use a 40w JMP style amp for 5 piece rock gigs and took this to rehearsal instead and blew the gang away. It's a rock n roll amp that can hang with the band and tone- wise just plug in and it has 'the sound'. If you're after a bedroom amp go one of the smaller wattage ones or keep the std speaker, but if you want a grab and go you could play a decent gig with this and it fits the bill. Grindy with your Telecaster and pure Hotel California solo with a Les Paul :-)
Thank you Achillies for building such a superb amp. It's beautifully made, very quite and sounds amazing. I'm extremely happy with my amp.