A holy grail amp, the Zephyr 15 will transport you straight to the tones of authentic, classic Americana inspired AA1164 Circuit.
While small in size, this little guy pumps 12-15w of more mid-scooped Californian rock tone, dripping in smooth compression and exquisite overdrive through two 6V6 power tubes into a Jensen C10R or C12R AlNiCo speaker. Add in the simply stunning vibrato and the Zephyr 15 is simply one of the most worthwhile studio and intimate gig amplifiers you could find.
- Custom Wound U.S.A Transformers
- Output Power 15 watts
- Output Tubes: 2x 6V6
- Preamp Tubes: 1x 12AT7, 2x 12AX7, 1x 7025
- Rectifier: 1x 5U4
- Available as
- Head (8Ω Speaker Output)
- Combo 1x 10"
- Combo 1x 12"
- Unloaded (Please note baffle type at checkout)
- Switchcraft Jacks and Plugs
- Carling Switches
- Achillies Caps (Made in Germany)
- Sprague Orange Drop caps
- Carbon Comp Resistors (Allen Bradley)
- CTS Potentiometers
- Aluminum Silk Screened Control Panels
- Authentic Hand Wired Layout
- Cloth Covered Solid Core Wiring Throughout
- Black Bronco Covering as standard
- Aged Black/White/Silver grill cloth as standard
- Premium Select Pine Cabinet with Birch Ply Backs and Baffle
- Traditional Dovetail Joinery
- Proudly Hand Built in Australia
Additional Custom Features:
- Half Power output option. The switch is located between the tubes below the chassis away from sight.
- Organic True Bypass Effects Loop. No passive components involved so your tone remains the same.
A wide selection of grill cloth and Tolex colors to choose from as well as handles to suit. Please refer to our custom color chart for actual color samples. Please view the Custom Options page for our Tolex and Grill cloth options.
We are now offering our international fans a selection of line voltages for your location. If its not listed, we most likely can offer it. Please send us an email for more information at email@example.com
Like an original one... that works!
Labros' work is outstanding - his Princeton is faithful to the original amps but with a useful vibrato and none of the issues. The amp sounds incredible and Labros was good to deal with.
Great at low volumes, breaks up beautifully at high volumes and there's a lot more useable range in between than with the original Fenders - especially using the second input with higher output guitars.
Love this thing and know it'll be something that I'll have for a very, very long time!
Princeton Reverb 12" Lacquered Tweed
I bought an Achillies Bassman in 2011 and it's been an amazing and faultless amp, receiving many compliments from people at gigs and jams and all that. I decided it was time to downsize a little, and get something with a few more features as well as being easier to lug around. I'm not much of an amp historian so I wasn't sure what was out there, but I stumbled upon the Princeton Reverb, and then happily found that I could get an Achillies one. I ordered mine in tweed because the blackface look doesn't quite work for me, and with the 12" Jensen.
It is a beautiful amp. I don't mind just sitting at my desk and looking at the thing :)
The reverb is gorgeous (though it gets a bit silly above about 3), and the tremolo is wonderful. It doesn't seem to break up as early as I thought it would, but sticking a TS808 into it is magic! It's responsive but not quite as unforgiving as the bassman, seeming to strike a bit of a middle ground (as I imagine a smaller Wattage amp would do...). I'm really looking forward to cranking it at a gig, but at the same time I could just mess around with chords all day in clean tremolo mode. It was sad to see my Bassman go, but I'm going to be very happy with its replacement.